Thursday, June 4, 2009

Splotches Not Out of the Woods Yet!

Splotches (or Willie as we now call her) came home over the long weekend and was doing well after having spent the week at the vet being hydrated and having the toxins flushed from her body. Below are pictures from when I went to visit her in the hospital.

Over the weekend she was not eating a great deal and when we took her to the vet on Tuesday she had lost 150 grams and now only weighs 2.15 kgs. When she came home from the vet she ate quite a bit but yesterday and today she has not really eaten anything and I am really quite concerned about her.


Last night I had to give Willie subcut fluids for the first time to keep her hydrated. These fluids are administered under the skin by a needle. It was not actually too hard giving them to her by myself.

To read more about subcut fluids click here.

She is going back to the vet tonight to see if there is any reason why she is not eating and if there is anything we can do. I suspect that the toxins may be building up again. I really really hope not cos I do not know if there would be anything further we could do to help her.


Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment